Friday, November 18, 2011

Fan of Friday...I'm a fan of Thanksgiving


I’m a fan of Thanksgiving, of falling leaves, bare-naked trees, oranges and browns, turkey and dressing, family and friends, thanks and giving.

I’m a fan of Pilgrims and Indians, and the heritage they gave us, of the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock, and Miles Standish, who was short in stature and quick in temper.

I’m a fan of breathing it all in, absorbing the air, the smells, and the anticipation of the holidays beginning.

I’m a fan of refusing to participate in Christmas until every Thanksgiving moment has been all gobbled up - pun very much intended.



Psalm 100

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.

What are you a fan of this Thanksgiving season?


2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this blog! For getting my day started right and by helping me get a little Jesus where I can! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a fan of comments and Miss Candace. Miss you and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete